Target offers a slew of money-saving options. In a world none of us couponers live in, they almost offer “too many” because choices may seem confusing – but we know that there can never be too many ways to save! Any confusion will quickly subside when you take a peek at our guide on all savings with Target.
First of all, please refer to Target’s coupon policy via their Website as it’s always a good foundation for starting to understand a store’s guidelines. Having said that, most policies are vague and leave much to the couponer’s imagination. Let’s dive right in:
a.) Manufacturer Coupon (MC) (clipped, printed, peeled, etc.) –
- One MC is accepted per item
- MCs can be stacked with both Store Coupons and Cartwheel! Triple savings!
- This means that you can use all of the following for ONE SINGLE ITEM: one Manufacturer Coupon, one Target Store Coupon, and one Cartwheel Coupon!!!
- Target does not give overage
b.) Target Store Coupon (SC) –
- Print-at-home via Target’s Website (usually at least 100 available)
- Some SCs are also offered via codes texted to your mobile device (save on ink!) Need help with receiving Target Mobile coupons?
- Be careful, some coupons here are Manufacturer’s Coupons, not all of them are Target Coupons! If you roll your mouse over the coupon and it says “Target Coupon”, that’s how you know; also, you’ll know by the label on top of the coupon once it prints
c.) Target online coupon codes –
- Some of Target’s SCs are also online coupon codes; be on the lookout if you’re shopping online
- They will say, “Enter code XXXXXXXX to redeem at Target.com”
d.) Cartwheel Coupon
- Offers coupons in the form of percentages off certain items (example: 20% off Women’s Flip Flops)
- Decide which coupons you want and either print the list off or download the Cartwheel app
- Either method will generate one barcode to be scanned by the cashier
- Target’s Cartwheel Terms and Conditions
2.) Ordering ahead of time (Ship to Store):
You can use their Ship to Store option (available on most online items) ahead of time if you’d like to ensure they have certain items and want to save some time while in store. However, the only form of coupons you can use to make a purchase online are coupon codes and Gift Cards (nothing else, sadly). When you place your order, the transaction is completed and even though your card won’t be charged until your items have been picked up (within two days of it being ready – you can request one more day if needed) you cannot use additional coupons in person. They say some prices are cheaper online to begin with, but nothing is better than free! You can price match your online order if you see an item cheaper in-store or in the weekly ad.
3.) Gift Card (GC):
Check out Target’s Gift Card deals that are all over the store each week! Usually in the form of $5-$10 GCs, just purchase the items specified and at the end of your checkout (in-person or online) you’ll receive an actual GC to be used on your next transaction (cannot be used for the one you just made).
- Credit card; must apply
- 5% off all purchases, unlimited free shipping online, and 30 extra days for returns
5.) Price Match Guarantee:
- Target will match a price for an item if there is a lower price for the identical item found elsewhere OR Target’s following weekly ad
- Must have proof of price from competitor (online prices can be shown on mobile device)
- Show cashier before you start your transaction
- For Price Match after the fact, bring your receipt and proof of lower price to Guest Services; you’ll be paid the difference (do this within 7-days of original purchase)
- When matching competitor ads, the retail price must be shown in their advertisement and still be valid (not expired)
- Target’s Price Match Guarantee can be found here
6.) Returning items that you used a Manufacturer’s Coupon to purchase:
- If you return an item to Target that you had used a coupon to purchase, Target will refund you the value of the item returned AND the value of the coupon; this coupon amount can only be put on a Gift Card
Your next trip to the big-red-bulls-eye:
- Start off on the right “organized” foot. However you do this, begin by browsing through the most current Target weekly ad (online or paper)
- Take note of sale prices, GC offers, BOGO (Buy One Get One), and any other deal that strikes your fancy
- Search through Target’s SCs and CCs to see if any of the deals you like overlap, or vice versa
- Compare new deals, SCs, and CCs with your MCs as well as any other coupons available under our “Search All Coupons” tab
- Print, clip, sort, and make lists of what you need
- Use our Weekly Ad Guide to Target for match ups! Most of the work is done for you!
- Breathe! Maybe relax with a drink from Starbucks as you grab your cart and get your couponing goodies in the ready position
- Tackle your shopping in whatever manner you dig (possibly begin grabbing any non-grocery items first)
- Keep your eyes open for the most beautiful color at Target: RED! Red means deals here and many items may be specially marked down
- Double check that you’re using the coupons correctly (ex: minimum number of items, bottle sizes, etc.) before reaching the finish line
- Give your cashier a friendly and sincere “Hello” – they are very important to you for the next several minutes
- Watch as your items are rung up to make sure that the initial price is correct
- Hand over: 1.) SCs 2.) CCs 3.) MCs 4.) GCs 5.) Pay for any leftover balance
- Trust – but verify – that all of your coupons went through correctly, don’t be afraid to do this right then and there, it’s your money, not the person who might be waiting behind you
- Hopefully you have enough room in your car from your trip!
Never miss another hot coupon, deal or freebie again! "Like" Couponaholic .NET on Facebook, Follow us on Pinterest, Follow us on Twitter, Follow us on Instagram or Subscribe to our Daily Email Newsletter!