We’re looking to add one or more crazy shopping “Couponaholics” to our team!
Basically, I don’t think that our shopping habits really put enough exciting shopping content out there for our readers. I’ve been doing less grocery shopping lately, and the savings rates will probably continue to slip if I am successful at eating more healthy and dropping a few pounds over the next few months.
Wayland is still shopping like mad at the drugstores some weeks (and I try to at least hit CVS every Sunday myself), but Monica hasn’t had a lot of time to shop over the last several months since she started a new full-time job elsewhere. Most of you have probably noticed that she’s part time these days. She is usually only running the site every other Saturday, plus she still handles our Publix matchups and contributes a few posts through the week. She’s been doing most of her shopping at Aldi lately, and hasn’t bothered to write the trips up. (Aldi has a lot of good deals, but they don’t take coupons and she probably doesn’t think they are trips worthy of posting.)
Nancy is about to have a new baby in the house (seriously…any day now!), and while I expect she will write up more deals while she is on leave, I’m not sure that she’s going to have a lot of time to get to the store and score coupon deals.
So that leaves me looking for one or more folks to join our team and write up their shopping trips (like we do here.) If you join us, I promise you that you won’t get rich, but the money you will earn will be worth the minimal effort it takes to snap a good picture and write up your shopping trip.
I am looking for a very specific type of person…one that can hit the ground running with minimal training (although some will be provided.) You don’t have to have all of these attributes, but you should have most of them. Here’s the type of person that would make a good addition to our team…
- Familiarity with WordPress, another blogging platform and/or basic HTML commands (like how to insert a link or photo) is a must. You don’t have to be a wiz in this department, but some basic knowledge will be required. Even if you’ve had your own personal blog for some time, you may know enough and be capable of figuring out the rest of what you need to learn.
- You should be a wild-eyed crazy “Couponaholic.” When Sunday rolls around, you’re at the drugstores and/or Target relatively early in the morning. When your main grocery store opens up on the first day of the sale, you’re there and ready to load up your grocery cart (or two.) Most Sundays you save 75% or more at the drugstores, unless you’re loading up on paper products, diapers, bottled water or soda. (Of course, those products can wreck a percentage, even if they are stock-up deals!)
- Your local grocery store is a decent sized chain that we cover on the site. Perhaps it’s Kroger or one of their affiliates or Publix. (Those are ideal, but we’re open to folks that shop at other large grocery chains too.)
- You shop for a lot of people. That means your trips are on the larger side. When you go to the grocery store in a good sale week, your total is around $100 or more before you whittle it down to very little with your coupons. Bonus points if you live in a household with children, especially ones in diapers…because your trips are probably larger and you use a lot of those baby product coupons that we post about frequently.
- You have great attention to detail. You can write up your shopping trip and tell us exactly what coupons you used and where you found them (ex. what insert, what web site, etc.) That way folks can easily mimic your deals if they like what they see.
Compensation will vary based on experience and the quality of the shopping trips. If you do well, we may be open to having you write up more deals on the site to earn additional extra money. Ultimately, you’re not going to get rich doing this for us, but you could make some decent extra cash to help out around the house 😉
Interested in applying? Send me an email at steve ***at** couponaholic dot net. Tell me more about yourself (ex. where you live, what stores you shop, how many people you shop for each week, how long you’ve been couponing and any blogging/HTML knowledge/experience you have.)Extreme Couponing Tip: You can usually get two prints of most internet coupons. To find them in the easiest possible way, use our preclipped links that take you right to the coupon. Then come back and click the same link to get your 2nd print. This will save you the time spent searching for the coupon.
Never miss another hot coupon, deal or freebie again! "Like" Couponaholic .NET on Facebook, Follow us on Pinterest, Follow us on Twitter, Follow us on Instagram or Subscribe to our Daily Email Newsletter!