To give you the background, there have been radio ads running in the Raleigh market, talking about the “New grocery store in town, with all the in-store coupons.” and the ad goes on to say how they will accept these coupons. This struck me and others as odd, because the only new grocery store in town with a lot of in store coupons, is Publix.
The thing about Publix coupons is, they tend to be for specific items not dollars of a total order. And the Lowes Foods coupon policy currently states this about competitor coupons:
- We gladly accept local supermarket or supercenter competitor’s circular coupons or direct mail coupons for dollars off the entire order.
That meant that under current policy, most Publix coupons would not be accepted.
So I decided to reach out and find out exactly what is going on. They were unable to give me exact details because everything is not finalized, but from the phone call, I was able to find out the following facts:
- Lowes Foods will be making an update to their coupon policy.
- The exact date of this change is not yet set in stone but the update will be coming “soon.”
- With this change in policy, they will be strive to be more precise in defining who their competitors are.
- When the change occurs, they will also be rolling out an advertising campaign, “Honor thy neighbor’s coupons!”
This next part is going to be speculation on my part and is not official and was not communicated to me by Lowes Foods:
With the facts presented to me from my phone conversation and the information in their current campaign, I’m inferring that they soon will be accepting competitor’s coupons for specific items. If this turns out to be true, I am going to be absolutely *thrilled*!!! I love it when stores give us more ways to save!
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments!Extreme Couponing Tip: You can usually get two prints of most internet coupons. To find them in the easiest possible way, use our preclipped links that take you right to the coupon. Then come back and click the same link to get your 2nd print. This will save you the time spent searching for the coupon.
Never miss another hot coupon, deal or freebie again! "Like" Couponaholic .NET on Facebook, Follow us on Pinterest, Follow us on Twitter, Follow us on Instagram or Subscribe to our Daily Email Newsletter!